OH, the cabin fever! I just cannot stand being cooped up in the house all day! This weather is so bad! So school was canceled today, of course, and it has rained all day long. Poor Rich, I just hate it when he has to work on days like this because I know he is just miserable. It didn't even end up to be as bad as they were predicting it to be, the roads are just fine, it is just stinking cold and rainy and ice is covering all of the trees. I guess there are places all over the midwest where it is really bad, and so many people don't have power, so I am so thankful that we don't have any of that. So since I had a lot of extra time on my hands I thought I would fill out this fun little questionnaire, because I absolutely love reading these when my friends send them to me, because I love getting to know fun things about them that i might not know. But all my friends give me a hard time because I am notorious for being the person who never replies back. So here is a little questionnaire that I received recently that I actually took the time to fill out.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, it is so much more fun to open that way...and cheaper too!
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Fake.....I mean, come on..... the real ones are purely for people who live in really beautiful places that they can go and cut their own tree down. If you live in Kansas it is pretty ridiculous, in my opinion, to go to all the trouble of hauling a live tree home from the nursery or grocery store parking lot and deal with the watering and sweeping up of all the needles. Not to mention the fact that the trees are stinkin expensive and they are serious fire hazards, so Rich would never allow that.
3. When do you put up the tree? I posted a while back that I am definitely an advocate of waiting till after Thanksgiving to put the Christmas decorations up because I think it just takes away from Thanksgiving, and I don't like the idea that businesses try to capitalize on a longer Christmas season.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually pretty soon because I don't have a really big house at all and it always feels so good to put away all of the decorations and do a really good cleaning and then it always feels like our place has gotten bigger.
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but not the non-alcoholic version, give me the good stuff :)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a dog when I was about 7, my sister and I had asked our parents for one for years, and they finally gave in. It was a total surprise, and I will always remember that Christmas.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes… I actually have two, one that is the Fisher Price one, and it is actually missing most of the parts, and the other one is a beautiful, but breakable one that my parents bought for Grace on her first Christmas, and I love it but I don't have anywhere to put it where my kids can't reach it. :(
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband.....I am a total significant gift giver and it is so hard to keep coming up with really significant gifts, and he is totally the kind of guy that significance is lost on him, he is so easily pleased, and it is also hard to surprise him with anything, he always finds out what i am getting him.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids, they love everything, and they also want everything, which we are trying to work on....
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? i don't think i ever received a gift i didn't like!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, definitely, but I also hand deliver quite a few.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, it is an old movie musical, and i absolutely love to watch it and sing along!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually the week before, and most of it we do only days before
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no,i don't think so, like i said i always like to give really significant gifts
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham from Honeybaked Ham, and any kind of cookies or sweets, i have a HUGE sweet tooth.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? Strange Way to Save the World, or Breath of Heaven
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? All of my family is here, so I am lucky that I don't have to travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer, on Vixon, on Comet, on Cupid, on Donnor & Blitzen, and of course, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning, but I do have the kids open one package on Christmas Eve that is pj's that I have them wear that night.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That some people forget the REAL reason for Christmas. :(
23. What I love most about Christmas? The wonder and magic that is found in every aspect of the season, and being with family and treasuring every minute of it all.
So, there you go, and any of you who are feeling ambitious, I would love it if you did this on your posts so I could learn a little about you!!
2 weeks ago